Sunday, April 28, 2013

Basketball Jesus

It's no secret that I am a basketball fan, so this painting from Fr. Armand Tanqi made my day:

But I have so many questions -

Why isn't Jesus' hair tied back? Doesn't it get in his eyes when he's trying to play?
Is it just me, or is Jesus clearly a point guard?  And if he is a point guard, is he a score first point like Stephon Marbury or a set-up man like Steve Nash?
It has to be one or the other, because clearly Jesus' jersey is inspired by the Phoenix Suns.
I'm going with Nash - the floppy hair and his philosophy of pacifism are traits Jesus shares with greatest Canadian basketball player ever.

I swear in this one, Jesus is about to throw the alley-oop!



Image Source : http://www.god-answers-prayers.com/god_answers_prayers_gallery/page3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment